sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery] Sorcery Lead change nomination(s)?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery] Sorcery Lead change nomination(s)?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:48:52 +0100

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 06:29:56PM -0800, Andrew wrote:

> > It was an exclusive email only sent to sm-sorcery list. No-one else's
> > input
> > was requested.
> I think it was sent to that list as it was the most relavent to the topic.
> There seem to be two schools of thought regarding what our many mailing
> lists are for. I for one am signed up to all of them, and think that
> matters on any of them are open to discussion by anyone. If one really
> doesnt care about sorcery then they can selectively not sign up for that
> list. The other view is that sm-sorcery is only for sorcery team members
> to discuss things and to wear special hats and organize special meetings
> for special sorcery team members only.
>
> The first view is almost silly because of how small this group is and how
> low traffic all our mailing lists are. The second view is also equally
> silly. So really why dont we just crunch all our lists into one or two
> like hamish has suggested?

I agree, having all those lists is just silly when you look at our
number of developers. And with not everyone subscribed to all lists some
discussions just don't get noticed by all people whom it may concern
(that's why i forwarded the mail about spell format change to
sm-grimoire).

> Oadae: how can we do this most easily?

I would guess the easiest way to start is to agree which lists to use
and just stop using the others. Personally i think we could just move
everything to sm-discuss.