sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] 0.8.0-pre2 iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] 0.8.0-pre2 iso
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:48:49 -0800

So i just installed the new iso, here are some things I noticed:

I setup my static networking complete with gateway, but for some reason my
the boot scripts dont add the route.

Theres _way_ too much stuff on the installed system. We've gone down
this road before.

is cpio really necessary? Apparently its sustained, but why?

flex and bison are also installed and sustained for no apparent reason.

autoconf/automake/libtool are all unnecessary.

is lvm really needed?

sysklogd is not necessary IMO, we've talked about this before...

do glib and popt really need to be installed also?

The architecture optimize menu is missing the architecture part, its
just the compile options, and the settings didnt appear to carry over
to the installed system.

Otherwise, I think things look good. I still contend that we include
some documentation with the system, perhaps a quick wrap-up in the motd.

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt AT sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot AT t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl, Porting Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |