sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-0.7-pre1 thoughts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • Cc: Seth Woolley <seth AT tautology.org>, Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>, Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-0.7-pre1 thoughts
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:11:18 -0500

I was finally able to use the 0.7 iso to try an install and because the
option to select the boot partion has been removed I could not complete
the install. I had to go back to the 0.6 to do the install.

In all scsi systems there needs to be a way to boot to the installed
system to rebuild the kernel with the needed scsi drivers or an initrd
system that can load the needed drivers needs to be part of the
installed image. I don't know if it is an option to build the kernel
with all the scsi drivers built into it.

It would probably be easier to put the select boot partion back.

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook