sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Possible Overwrite config file solution...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Possible Overwrite config file solution...
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:44:10 -0700

> 1. Overwrite (the old file wil be renamed to configfile.backup)
> 2. Show diff oldfile newfile
> 3. Do not overwrite
> 4. Put on hold and deal with it later

Well the way im doing it so far is asking first, then when I do make a new
file I leave the oldone as $filename.$savetime where $savetime is the date
YYYYMMDD or something to that effect. From digging around in the init.d
spell thats how it does it too. My view has always been to ask always.
Although when a Makefile automatically does it, its hard to dig into and stop
:(