sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] /devices to /dev

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] /devices to /dev
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:30:59 +0200

Hello Andrew,

I was about to mail you this week to ask if you would like to take this
project in hand! Great!

I am the mantainer of smgl section which holds the init.d spell (with mount*
scripts). Make it so! Feel free to edit where needed and .cc me on the
changes?

I think it would be better to use the init.d solution as our default, if
someone wants to have this in the kernel, more power to them but not our
default.

So in overview:

1. make the changes to init.d spell as needed.
2. document on wiki for those that might need it (hell, just ref this mail
eh?)
3. submit to devel and post to news/mailinglists as warning that it is about
to happen.

Thanks much for your great initative!

Eric Schabell
Project Lead