sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New grimoires available!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New grimoires available!
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:32:23 -0700

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 10:08 am, Geoffrey Derber wrote:

> I'm not sure we should move gnome out. While I don't mind moving
> non-essentials out, games, z-rejected, and cvs / daily, etc. Gnome is
> one of the essential (at least for people who use gnome) sections for
> getting a system and desktop up and running.

I disagree with you on this point. I believe it's no bigger deal to run a
'scribe add gnome' than it is to run a 'scribe update' on a freshly installed
system. No Linux server I've ever setup has had any GNOME, KDE or X apps
installed on it.

> Honestly, I'm beginning to think before we start going any further, I
> think we aught to sit down and plan out what goes where, rules for
> creation of new grimoires, etc. I just don't want to see us go grimoire
> happy and create new ones just because we feel like it and for no other
> reason.

I do agree with you on this point. :^)

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)