sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New grimoires available!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New grimoires available!
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:54:11 -0500

Eric Sandall wrote:
Jason Flatt said:

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 08:33 am, Eric Sandall wrote:

If you would like to have your games back (or applications from
z-rejected, but why would you use non-OSS software? ;)), then you may
add
them just as you do the normal grimoire:

Because KOffice and the GNOME office apps don't cut it for me. :^) (Why
is
OpenOffice.org in z-rejected?)

It used to be a binary-only spell, and now it's source-based, but we
haven't moved it over as Jose was still working on it.
<snip>

-sandalle

Um, no. That's not the reason anymore. One of the files that OO uses for comes from gpc231, the two source code files are compiled into OO. Those two source files have licensing issues for commercial use. Read the license in gpc.c. Unfortunately, I don't see any way around this issue, I tried today to see if there were alternates that were OSS that would work as a replacement, but I couldn't find any.

Geoff