sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New grimoires available!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New grimoires available!
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:02:52 -0700 (PDT)

Geoffrey Derber said:
> I'm not sure we should move gnome out. While I don't mind moving
> non-essentials out, games, z-rejected, and cvs / daily, etc. Gnome is
> one of the essential (at least for people who use gnome) sections for
> getting a system and desktop up and running.
>
> Honestly, I'm beginning to think before we start going any further, I
> think we aught to sit down and plan out what goes where, rules for
> creation of new grimoires, etc. I just don't want to see us go grimoire
> happy and create new ones just because we feel like it and for no other
> reason.
>
> Geoff
>
> something just seems odd about me saying this as I just had my section
> moved out.

Very good point. So, we shall move the cvs/nightly/devel applications
into another grimoire. What should we call it? 'devel' doesn't work,
it's already used, 'cvs' would confuese people into thinking it was our
cvs repository (possibly), and 'nightly' may be misconstrued as well.

A discussion is a good idea, perhaps we should actually use
#grimoire-gurus for this? ;) Shall we set a time? This Sunday, 1800 GMT
work for everyone?

Ahh, and bring (virtual) pen and (virtual) paper to jot down ideas, we'll
want to put something on the wiki for guidelines afterward, yes?

I have setup a preliminary document for our discussion use, please provide
comments/improvements.

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=New+Spell+Allocation

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61