sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New grimoires available!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>
  • To: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • Cc: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New grimoires available!
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:08:15 -0500

Robin Cook wrote:
If we make gnome a grimoire by itself then that would make it a bit
easier to divide up and also find a spell that does X.

Then move the spells that have to have gnome, as opposed to gnome being
optional, into the gnome grimoire. And move the spells in the gnome
section that can be used without gnome need to be moved into the main
grimoire such as gtk+2, glib2, imlib, etc.

Do any spells use pango without using gnome? If so then pango would
need to be moved to the main grimoire.

I think I would prefer the seperate grimoire but I can work with it
either way.

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook

I'm not sure we should move gnome out. While I don't mind moving non-essentials out, games, z-rejected, and cvs / daily, etc. Gnome is one of the essential (at least for people who use gnome) sections for getting a system and desktop up and running.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think before we start going any further, I think we aught to sit down and plan out what goes where, rules for creation of new grimoires, etc. I just don't want to see us go grimoire happy and create new ones just because we feel like it and for no other reason.

Geoff

something just seems odd about me saying this as I just had my section moved out.