sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] LSB (1.2) Certification

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: eric AT sandall.us
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] LSB (1.2) Certification
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:18:27 -0500

hm would we use rpms like with the rpm command? i know that we have rpmunpack.... just wondering how we could get rpms to work, seems like it would be kinda hard to do if they weren't in spell form.

Jeremy

Eric Sandall wrote:

Reapl Paratorn said:

That is how I read it as well. As long as we provide some way of
installing rpms compatible with the standard they mention then we can
still install anything else in any way we want.

Now I have no knowledge of rpms so I have no idea of how hard it would
be to do, but really I don't see it as that important. Use their work to
get applications and distros to standardise to something and our job is
all the more easier.

My 2 cents worth.

Reapl

ps. See this is what you get when I get left home sick and waiting for
machines to reinstall......

That's my impression as well, and I was working on an 'alien' spell so
that we could get RPMs to work, but it didn't pan out. :( Maybe I'll try
again...

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle