sm-discuss - RE: [SM-Discuss] LSB (1.2) Certification

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Reapl Paratorn" <reapl AT reapl.net>
  • To: "'Source Mage - Discuss'" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [SM-Discuss] LSB (1.2) Certification
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:00:35 +1000

That is how I read it as well. As long as we provide some way of installing
rpms compatible with the standard they mention then we can still install
anything else in any way we want.

Now I have no knowledge of rpms so I have no idea of how hard it would be to
do, but really I don't see it as that important. Use their work to get
applications and distros to standardise to something and our job is all the
more easier.

My 2 cents worth.

Reapl

ps. See this is what you get when I get left home sick and waiting for
machines to reinstall......