sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL and crisis management - coming out the other side

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • Cc: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL and crisis management - coming out the other side
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:18:29 -0400

Casey Harkins wrote:
He mentioned earlier that "mode" is dynamic or static. I think rather than
mode, it should just be a menu with dynamic and static as options.
Further, the script currently assumes dhcp for dynamic addresses, so it
might be more clear to use "dhcp" or "static".

Good suggestions. Do we use something else besides dhcp for a dynamic address? If so, let me know, I'm open to ideas. Actually most of this stuff I am picking up as I go along and I don't have enough invested in what's left of my ego to worry about appearing ignorant... =)

ok, I'll do that with the new spell I'm a-writting now. I'm trying to incorporate all this input into an updated net-tools and as I'm pulling the networking stuff out of the init.d, I'll be adding the 2 mount's to init.d (local and nfs).

neal
--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"