sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Still Problems

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ryan Abrams" <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "Nick Jennings" <nkj AT namodn.com>, "Spencer Ogden" <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>
  • Cc: <SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Still Problems
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:48:17 -0500

Whatever way we end up going with sorcery spell(s), we need to stabilize
this before 0.9, so that our next install iso (and 1.0) will be able to
upgrade itself.

One thing that may be worth considering in simply making sorcery a
non-spell. Just make sorcery update itself manually as a special case. It
would solve ALL the problems with multiple spells, versioning, etc, because
we wouldnt have to work within cast's rules. It's not ideal in the
"everything is a spell" metaphor, but it may work better for the 1.0
timeline, and would stop all this update nonsense.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

-Ryan