sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Still Problems

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ryan Abrams <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>
  • Cc: Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>, SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Still Problems
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:22:31 -0500

My first guess on how to do it would be this:

Reduce Sorcery to a DETAILS and a DEPENDS.

Have a catch in sorcery that says "if sorcery is in the queue or being cast, immediately stop the casting of the queue, and run sorcery_update.sh"

Then we write a nice sorcery_update.sh that does the work, and make sure that when it ends, it drops people back into whatever they were doing. (probably possible via an env variable or something)

Anyway, thats a first bash at it... what ideas do you have?

-Ryan