sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Probably taken care of already...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: Phil The Great <cerise AT deepthought.armory.com>
  • Cc: Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>, SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Probably taken care of already...
  • Date: 10 Aug 2002 21:23:05 -0400

Ummm... well... actualy the answer is it depends. The main question that
has to be answered is where and when is the bottleneck? And is it worth
the overhead?
In the case of compiling sources, I've heard varying answers. Some say
that it speeds things up to run make with -j 2 on single processors,
some say that's total baloney. Personaly, I don't know, and don't
particularly care. But choice is good and you'll have a chance to find
out for yourself in a few weeks.