sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Probably taken care of already...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Phil The Great <cerise AT deepthought.armory.com>
  • To: Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Probably taken care of already...
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 17:59:14 -0700 (PDT)

Absolutely. Parallel algorithms often work better than the traditional
serial algorithms on uniprocessors. A cursory reading of how to properly
use threads is an excellent way to acquaint one's self with the whys and
hows.

Great to hear about the parallel feature 8) I may consider an early
upgrade to the newest available sorcery.

-Phil/CERisE