seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Help for Malawi

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Glad <gladgrower@gmail.com>
  • To: "Seed Keepers" <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Help for Malawi
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:33:48 -0500

I wonder if we have any seed keepers here on the list from that continent, with this  being a new list?  What sort of things might they need, and what is the climate like?  If no savers from that area, what are the laws governing seed going into Malawi? I have never met anyone from Africa participating in any of the seed or heirloom lists that many of us frequent.  I wonder why?  I have heard that much help is needed in different African countries - and the climate in some of them is a real challenge for growing what we may be accustomed to.
IF seed were allowed in, perhaps the contact from  the Irish aid org  could educate as to what their needs are, and those that want to donate assistance can do so.

 kevin dudley  wrote:

Hi just thought that i might ask for help from all ye out there!
We were contacted by an Irish aid org involved in drilling wells for water in Malawi and i wondered if any seed KEEPERS might know of any help they could get from fellow seed Savers in central Africa?
Bit of a long shot but i thought it might be worth the try! Kevin

Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!