seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Last thought on format

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Glad <gladgrower@gmail.com>
  • To: "Seed Keepers" <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Last thought on format
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 20:59:49 -0500

Adrienne, i like what you said...it's well and good to trade, but  serious  seedkeepers sure wind up with LOTS of seed. I never mind giving out seed - and  cannot use it all while it's still fresh - can't even give that much seed out locally during talks or working with charities.  Postage cost does become a problem for us - why sending anyone seed for SASE is a thing that is great for all.  I am able to send some out gratis, but when a bunch of gifts go out, stamps and the hour ride to post (if no other in-town errands at the time) really can run high by the end of the season.
Thanks for the reminder....we loved that movie, 'Pay It Forward' from years ago.