seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Last thought on format

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Last thought on format
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:32:29 -0500

I like the Pay Forward.
I like simple.
I like barter, too.
I see nothing that creates any mutual incompatibilty.
A car & a motorcycle can share one garage.

I agree with LL that most parts of exchanges can be on list.
I was agreeing with someone (forget who) that suggested
that exchanges be offlist. Let me clarify...

They both work, just as the above ideas can coexist.
Some swaps may need some offlist time. Some won't.
And if Georgie want to send Jane 6 seeds for 5, but only
offers 5 to Ralph, well, Jane's pretty cute and who could
blame him? Kidding...

But I want to ask about seeds and plants, onlist, but might
want to seal the deal when I swap addressses and that will
be offlist, usually, for me. "Ok, 20 of these for 30 of those.
Done Deal. I'm at 415 Rock Wall Avenue, etc..."

One thing. A few of you may wish to ask for an intermediate
pal to offer an address, who can then forward the seeds at
additional cost, if you desire an extra layer of privacy, and can
find a pal to do this... or an in-law, brother, etc. Noone
(no sender) will know if a package to Jane Smith (your
name) has an address for your brother or dad etc. So what
if they do? If you need to feel extra safe, this can help.

BillSF9c