seedkeepers - [Seed Keepers] Keeping seed gmo free - was New directions, anger, whatever

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Anders Skarlind <Anders.Skalman@telia.com>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Seed Keepers] Keeping seed gmo free - was New directions, anger, whatever
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 02:09:28 +0100

Morgan, the obvious answer is to keep good isolation distances. The same principles should apply as for ordinary unwanted crosspollination. These distances are typically one or a few miles. In parts of the world where gmos are widespread this can be difficult to achieve. Most difficult are the crops where seed is the actual crop.

I think we will see developmental work in this field.

Anders