seedkeepers - Re: [seedkeepers] Thanks to Lawrence

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: lucy Owsley <boulderbelt@voyager.net>
  • To: seedkeepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [seedkeepers] Thanks to Lawrence
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:28:02 -0500

I am unhappy about GMO sugar beets but why is everyone paranoid about GMO Beet pollen flying around. Beets are biennial and so will be harvested long before they go to flower so should not be a threat in this way.

If we are going to fight this do not give bad reasons for banning these seeds/plants because this just gives the genejockys fuel to keep on going with this.