permaculture - Re: [permaculture] official certification

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Koreen Brennan <koreenbrennan@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] official certification
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 20:47:32 -0400

Dana Meadow's 12 leverage points to intervene in a system have always
resonated with me deeply. How do you change a culture? How to you create a
better version?

The #1 leverage point is the ability to change paradigms. When you can
change worldviews, you can change the world. The Permaculture Design
Course, when done well, can change paradigms. As such, it is a powerful
tool for bringing change to the culture.

By covering a broad range of subjects within the framework of whole systems
design, we are able to illustrate the power and depth of this form of
design from multiple angles. Of course, people aren't going to walk away
experts in any of it in a two week course. But they should have a very good
grasp of the basic elements of how to do a permaculture design as opposed
to some other form of design, and understand what makes permaculture design
unique.

Whether someone ever becomes a permaculture designer or educator or not,
they now have tools they can apply to continue to explore this change in
worldviews, as well as tools they can apply in whatever they're doing in
life, to make it more regenerative. That's pretty darn valuable!

Love reading this list and the thoughtful comments and valuable information
shared. Thank you Lawrence, for keeping it going!

Best, Koreen