permaculture - [permaculture] How to Feed 9 Billion People

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] How to Feed 9 Billion People
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:35:59 +1300

I'd like to move this debate into another plane in suggesting that of the
potential 9 billion 8.8 billion don't deserve to exist on this planet. This
mass have no concept of any argument that they being members of species man
and their manner of living is perpetuating the deficant that will suffocate
their very existence. This majority exists at every level of society.
Although most of the argument of saving the planet has shifted finally to
saving the species this large majority has no knowledge or understanding
of the peril of their existence. This also applies to all levels of
society. So the reality in my mind is prepare for extinction by running
workshops on how to bend over and kiss your arse good bye. I prefer to be a
realist and an optimist as I always have been rather than a pessimist as I
may now appear. But if we look hard at all the facts in front of us the
outlook is all too obvious. The society this species has evolved is one
totally dictated by the economic policy we exist in. It has been designed.
And now needs to be redesigned if we desire to evolve towards any degree of
sustainability and survival as a species....more sooon. Steve Hart