permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How to Feed 9 Billion People

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How to Feed 9 Billion People
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:12:37 -0700

While I enjoy Sep Holzer's current fame and advocacy I do think that a
passing acknowledgement to Masanobu Fukuoka, who also advocated burying
biomass to increase soil fertility, and the indigenous people of South
America, who developed terra prieta, a kind of midden composting should not
be forgotten.

Scott Pittman

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way.
On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing."
~Arundhati Roy