permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The US is no longer food self-reliant?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob Waldrop <bob@bobwaldrop.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The US is no longer food self-reliant?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:31:26 -0500

If the currency collapses, the value of real estate denominated in said currency will also collapse.

If you think we are headed into an economic collapse, now might be a good time to get your money out of your house in a city. However if it is on near-horizon, you won't have much time to establish yourself in a rural area.

You will almost certainly be better off maintaining your residence in the city with your existing networks of support. In general, I expect that cities will do better during an economic collapse than rural areas. Rural areas are already in an economic meltdown and if the rest of the economy goes, things will likely be worse in rural areas.

Bob Waldrop, OKC