permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture standards.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranandDave Nokes <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture standards.
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:59:48 -0700

Am nowhere near qualified to answer this one, but will share an observation
concerning the world.
Have been watching the gmo issue rather closely. Seems that the question has
been coming to a head with this debate and that the truth slowly emerging
that it is both possible and preferable to work with nature rather than
against her. Vandana Shiva has been a powerful spokesperson in this regard.
There have been posters about the myths of gmo's. In general, it seems to be
a paradigm shift. People have been hornswoggled to believe in 'science', and
the prop. has been thick and heavy and well funded. The truth has been
leaking out and hopefully, a critical mass has been reached in some areas
with more to come.
This, to me, is the essential 'undoing' that we are witnessing that will make
the difference.
As for myself and my life's partner, we are looking around for land as we
prepare our house for sale, all the while reading permaculture books; I took
a food forest workshop last summer, and was just rereading my notes. As much
as we'd like to hit the ground running, there is simply nothing that can
substitute for years of experience. We will see what we shall see. The fun is
in the trying. I'm grateful for the prospect of this adventure, and I'll
accept the parable of the garden for personal encouragement for now ;-)
Cheers,
Frances