permaculture - Re: [permaculture] about 20 china pheasants out my window

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk" <wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] about 20 china pheasants out my window
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 09:30:28 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sun, 1/2/11, paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com> wrote:

> But what are the capitalist opportunities in making youtube
> videos?
> So far it just costs me gobs of money.

I do not think that Youtube is yet a mature enough technology to benefit from
monetisation, but that does not mean that your work cannot be providing
financial returns.

I can remember when I did my PDC at Geoff Lawton's place, he was mailing out
about fifty DVDs a week, all of them being excellent PR for his courses.

http://permaculture.org.au/store/dvds_1.htm

Why not put together a compilation of all your great clips and then sell them
on DVD to folks that do not have access to youtube?

You could always approach a professional production company with the view to
using all the footage that you have as part of a longer documentary.
Homesteading type shows are getting more and more popular by the day.

I am sure that we can think of lots more innovative opportunties if we put
our minds to it.

Chris