permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PReventing and treating cholera, advice

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kelly Simmons <kelly@bouldersustainability.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PReventing and treating cholera, advice
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:41:20 -0700

Hi Chris - Good point. Where I was living, in Bali, there was regular, required fumigation for mosquitos. Although we were assured by the school administration (Green School) that it was non-toxic, I still don't know what they were using. There were plenty of spiders, geckos, centipedes and all manner of creeping, crawling creatures in the jungle and surrounding areas, but everyone was still coming down with e coli infections on a regular basis. The composting toilets were not properly built to exclude (or capture) flies.

Kelly