permaculture - [permaculture] PReventing and treating cholera, advice

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] PReventing and treating cholera, advice
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:04:35 -0800 (PST)

I posted some info on preventing and treating cholera and am looking for
feedback (for accuracy) and also more suggestions. I am looking for the
simplest and most accessible methods. There are plenty of plastic bottles
lying around from the disaster relief effort, there are various plants with
saponins in Haiti - moringa and soap nut, etc. Couldn't find any examples of
acacia concinna in Haiti - anybody else know of it? Or of any other plant
that could be used for soap? Anybody want to pitch in with water filter ideas
for larger amounts of water, made with local materials?

Anybody have rehydration techniques using local plants?

I intend to get this distributed to a number of non profits in Haiti I know
of, and anywhere else.

http://www.permacultureguild.us/how-to-prevent-and-treat-cholera/

Cory