permaculture - Re: [permaculture] when to harvest bamboo

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] when to harvest bamboo
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 01:08:42 -0700 (PDT)

The edible quality of bamboo shoots varies a lot according to species.
Anyways, you need to cut the hard bit at the bottom, remove the leafs and
then peel the shoots. There are numerous instructions on the net for how to
prepare bamboo shoots. Ours are very good, and I can't wait for the next
harvest. They are a lot better than tinned bamboo shoots.

Dieter