permaculture - Re: [permaculture] animals in food systems

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] animals in food systems
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:34:35 -0400

Cory wrote:
Moringa and spirulina both are green food that have complete proteins
Moringa is an amazingly useful plant

What about mushrooms; I think some may have appreciable quantities of protein. The fungi in tempeh adds to the protein content of that food.

Also I see food combining for additional protein from vegetable sources at each meal as a useful method to use in achieving complete nutrition.
You get different amino acids (?) from each different vegetable protein source when they are combined at mealtime, such as tofu and canellini beans and rice and food yeast, add gomasio, seeds, tamari, nuts, ground flaxseed etc....:-)