permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Question re mosquitos

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Question re mosquitos
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 11:26:24 +0200

old. I also suggest keeping a smoldering fire close at hand since
mosquitos stay 20' away from smoke. Mosquito coils or incense are what
we use here in coastal Texas. The smoke really works and is cheap,
available and easy to employ. The ancient Mayans always had braziers
burning to keep the mosquitos at bay.

i would rather be bitten by mosquitos than breath smoke ir the coil fumes all the time. of course this might look different if they transmit deseases. but those smokes are a major health hazard in my eyes (literally - smoke wrecks eyes).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Georg Parlow
g.parlow@gmx.at
1230 Wien, Wohnpark Alterlaa B1/013