permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Growing Along Highway Margins

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David <david@h4c.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Christopher Randolph <c.a.randolph@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Growing Along Highway Margins
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:37:08 -0700

Chris,

On 3/26/2010 2:36 PM, Christopher Randolph wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I recently had the opportunity to meet with a city official out here in
Portland, Oregon who is trying to use the land along city highways to grow
biofuels and/or building materials.... if biofuels are the way to go, which
ones are actually worth growing?
You may be interested in a brief analysis, not of which energy crops to grow, but of what to do with them once grown in terms of biofuels: http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2010/03/why-is-biogas-renewable-energys-cinderella

There is also an extensive but hard-to-use database concerning anaerobic digestion of energy crops found here <http://www.cropgen.soton.ac.uk/deliverables.htm>. (I note that the information in the database, which is in MS Access format, can be put into an Excel SS, if you know the correct generic steps.)

d.
--
David William House
"The Complete Biogas Handbook" |www.completebiogas.com|

"Make no search for water. But find thirst,
And water from the very ground will burst."
(Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in /Delight of Hearts/, p. 77)

http://bahai.us/