permaculture - Re: [permaculture] paleo permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] paleo permaculture
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:56:45 -0800

Another body of work to mention in this discussion is the D'Adamo blood type/body type information.

His latest book about 'genotype' is very interesting, but his earlier work about 'blood type' are also worth looking into.

These works give a nice sense of individuality, and how certain people's needs are more similar or different than others.

For my part, I went on a cleansing diet for 7 years called the specific carbohydrate diet.
In this diet, I ate no 'starch' by strict definition, nor any sweets. Honey, though, was allowed.
It is all based on the complexity with the view that some people have difficulty breaking down the complex carbo molecules.
So, yes, it was a lot of protein, no dairy, other than a specially home made yogurt that required extensive cultivation to ensure breakdown of all the milk sugar.
I think there might have been allowable cheeses, but I never used them.
And nothing in the way of starches, at all.
So, fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and for me, the meat part had to be chicken, turkey or eggs, as my body does not generally do well with the other meat.
(I have, at another time, though, eaten fresh, raw, organic beef liver, and that was an invigorating experience, to be sure!)
I stayed on this diet for 7 years, and, in the process, my thinking became crystal clear and my energy, likewise, lost its fuzzy edges...
The author is Elaine Gottschall. Her diet has been used with success for people with digestive difficulties such as crones, celiac, etc.

frances