permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Trends in America

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Trends in America
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:40:46 -0600

Sorry Gene I wasn't very clear. I mean that having tax makes us vulnerable
to government seizure of our property which means that on some level you
have to come up with fiat currency. By putting most of our land in a
non-profit trust we avoid the taxman!

I hope that makes sense.

The next level would be to put our houses in the same non-profit with life
time tenancy but then comes the question of what about the children the
grandchildren and etc. Since everything that I have owned or accomplished
was without support from family I am not nearly as attached to the concept
of a "material legacy". Hopefully the love I hold and the support I
provide is sufficient provenance for my children.

Good to hear from you Gene!

Scott

Scott Pittman
Director