permaculture - Re: [permaculture] re. Lactoferments

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] re. Lactoferments
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 06:06:47 -0600

Here is one of the easiest and best short intros to making lactofermented veggies at home.

http://users.frii.com/jimhayes/LoveLandLocal/Lactofermented_Vegetables.doc

Bob Waldrop, OKC

----- Original Message ----- > SArjuna@aol.com wrote:

Lawrence wrote:

"The kim chee/kraut foods are truly ambrosia-class delicacies and keep
you in
top health, vital when lab cultured biodiverse probiotics are not available."

I look at it quite differently. Lactofermenting a variety of foods at
home is part of permaculture, not just something to do "when buying
lab-cultured biodiverse probiotics are not available!"

We're on the same wavelength. Grow, store, preserve, prepare and eat at home;
focus on the homestead microcosm. Ideal.