permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture convergence in NC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Adrienne Rayna <rocknrayna@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture convergence in NC
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:46:40 -0800 (PST)

Earthaven is a continuing.... sustainable / permaculture experimental -
education center / community in NC. ( I haven't been in recent contact, but I
spent a few summers there some years ago) At that time people from all over
the states and other countries were making connections there.

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net> wrote: Michael Pilarski wrote:

> Hello permaculture community,

> Permaculture Convergence. I think this is a good idea. Lawrence then
> suggested we have regional convergences and then hold a North American
> convergence in cyberspace. I think those are also good ideas. I think that
> all three ideas are good and are compatible. First have regional
> convergences. Then have a North American convergence in person, but at the
> same time expand it to include participation with cyberspace/internet
> linkages. Being together in person allows a certain type of synthesis (and
> deepens friendships) that can’t be done on the internet. Lawrence makes a
> good point that many people won’t be able to afford the travel expense.
> That is inevitable. However, at least some representatives of every region
> should be able to attend.
>
> Earlier this month I circulated a proposal to permaculturists in Washington
> State to hold an Evergreen State Permaculture Convergence in 2008. The
> agenda of the convergence would include: 1) Strengthen the friendships and
> connections between permaculturists in the state. 2) Discuss preparing a
> statewide brochure listing all the permaculture consultants, education
> centers, etc who wish to reach more of the public. 3) Strengthen the lines
> of communication between permaculture people within the state. 4) Make a
> plan of action of how the permaculture community could assist people in the
> advent of a natural disaster or economic collapse. 5) Create a permaculture
> curriculum for a “train the trainers” program in emergency food production.
>
> A Washington state permaculture convergence is very likely to happen in
> 2008. If any reader is interested in attending or helping this convergence
> happen please contact me.
>
> If it precedes a North American convergence we will certainly discuss who
> would like to go and what we might like to contribute to the agenda.

This is a great idea. With a beginning in Washington the idea can spread to
other states and regions within them.
Gradually we could build overlapping local and regional permaculture networks
with convergences for the smallest to the
largest nodes in the network.

What's happening permaculturally in North Carolina, anything other than the
Celo gathering and courses and workshops in
the NC mountains by Lee, Chuck, others?

I know of nothing happening in the NC central piedmont other than a
permaculture course at the community college in
Pittsboro. If there are any folks from NC in this list would any of you be
interested in creating permaculture events,
potlucks, farm and homestead vists?

LL

Google command to search archives: