permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Appropriate technnology mailing list? for inventors, fabricators and manufacturers, consumers/users

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Adrienne Rayna <rocknrayna@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Appropriate technnology mailing list? for inventors, fabricators and manufacturers, consumers/users
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 07:44:44 -0800 (PST)

Yes, I'd like to see a mailing list for inventors..

I want to convert an apple cider press into a manure press so that the manure
can be collected, homogenized and compressed for use of burning in wood
stoves. That is, if after I do a little research, I find that burnt manure
emissions are an ecologically sound choice and investigate such things as
creosote build up in stove pipes etc... Any Leads on such info. greatly
appreciated.

I work on farm with 21 horses, 16 goats, 6 sheep, two cows creating the raw
material in abundance daily! Must be a way to collect this stuff 'clean' and
use for heat without having to get methane from it first? Just dry (maybe
compress) and burn.

New to the list
Adrienne

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net> wrote: Lawrence F. London, Jr.
wrote:
> Keith Johnson wrote:
>>The Transformation Trike
>>

> That's really good.
> I want to design and build in my shop a 4 wheeled, steerable pedalpower
> machine that
> lightly tills/scarifies/breaks-the-crust of the surface of large wide tall
> raised garden beds dragging an adjustable tillage tool underneath the
> chassis down the beds;
> this could also be capable of removing emerging weed seedlings with a
> change of tillage tool teeth. This could also be a
> walk-behind machine that you push and steer and can lift to keep the
> tillage tool level with bed surface when
> encountering discrepancies between bed height and furrows the machine's
> wheels ride in. I think this can be accomplished
> with the use of a hydraulic/shock absorber suspension enabling you to tilt
> the machine in either of four directions,
> forward or backward or side to side to keep the tiller level with bed
> surface. These types of shocks are used in
> openable hatchback or rear windows on cars or trucks (the window in a
> camper over the tailgate on a truck). The pistons
> on these shocks have full movement with resistance and stay put in position
> fairly well when window is raised; this
> would be perfect for a garden tiller stabilizer/adjustable suspension.
> Anyone know what these kind of shock absorbers
> are called?

Would anyone be interested in a new mailing list for appropriate technology,
a hands-on nuts-and-bolks forum for
inventors, designers, fabricators, experimenters, manufacturers and end
users? Discussion could cover
shops, equipment and tooling, materials, supplies, parts and components, the
design and engineering process,
tools and equipment needed for various uses on the homestead and the people
around the world who need these things.
Marketing could and should also be covered as there are many new and
inexpensive opportunities nowadays.

Half of what I do is in that arena, the other half is putting my inventions
to work on my farm or in my gardens.

Anyone else interested?

Google command to search archives: