permaculture - [permaculture] Ferrocement water tank pix

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Charles de Matas <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ferrocement water tank pix
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:16:23 +0000

Diameter is not a consideration with regard to hydrostatic pressure, only

I know that. But I wasn't referring to hydrostatic pressure, I was refering
to the hoop stress produced in the walls of the tank by the hydrostatic
pressure. It's the product of the hydrostatic pressure and the tank diameter.
I hope nobody thinks that he or she can build a 30 m. dia tank with the same
wall thickness as a 3 m. dia tank.
constant gardener.