permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Creek remediation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David <david@h4c.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Creek remediation
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:20:41 -0800

Friends,

Paul Cereghino wrote:
For native reveg, willow, ninebark, twinberry, dogwood, cottonwood, and others can all be grown using cuttings (live stakes). heres a local publication -- http://www.plant-materials.nrcs.usda.gov/pubs/orpmctn3859.pdf

In a separate message I thanked Paul for the information-- rather than clog the list with non-information-- but I thought it would be useful (having looked at it) to strongly echo his recommendation for the above publication, which for those of us in the PNW (and perhaps other regions) is a really solid piece of work, with a good deal of detailed information and very practical insights.

d.

--
David William House
503-678-5162 (home)

"The Complete Biogas Handbook" www.completebiogas.com

"Make no search for water. But find thirst,
And water from the very ground will burst."
(Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in Delight of Hearts, p. 77)