permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ferrocement water tank pix

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ferrocement water tank pix
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:01:03 -0500

Keith Johnson wrote:

Peter and I recently finished laying pipe to plumb our water tank and have started to install the roof catchment parts of the system.
You can look at pix of the project at http://picasaweb.google.com/KeithDJPcA/FerrocementTankPix02

Nice work. What design factors are required to give it enough vertical and circumferential structural rigidity to keep it from bursting from hydrostatic pressure and is the concrete thicker at the base that near the top?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/viewPhoto?uname=KeithDJPcA&aid=5141688084664055841&iid=5141688179153336402
The stone gutter in this pic is just like downtown. I used to build some of
these for landscape customers.
If you have a lot of flow this feature is essential.
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj@intrex.net