permaculture - Re: [permaculture] alternatives to Poppies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] alternatives to Poppies
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:19:29 +0000

well, it's possible by providing information i can also provide information
about options. i agree that the current model of commerce is not good. not
for afgans and not for us here in the US. they are also working with them to
grow their own food, but unfortunately, i'm sure that mission is headed by
Monsanto or the likes thereof. so, i'm just doing what small thing I can do
and that is requesting information from the sources i know of to be rich in
knowlege and suggestions to pass on. they need both immediate and long term
possibilities. if someone has thought out a plan that might work, feel free
to pass it on and i'll get it into the hands of folks who just might be able
to implement some of those plans. but i doubt they'll get past the criticisms
if some solutions don't follow right behind. where can i get some examples of
sustainable solutions that have worked to provide both food and a means for a
living to small communities? that is exactly the sort of thing i'd love to be
able to provide info on. and how can any of this really work in a feudal
system, anyway? is it hopeless? are there examples of sustainable systems
that work in the feudal model?

i'm not really knowlegeable on how things actually work in those countries,
and i'm certain that i've got too large a degree of naivete' and the glasses
are a shade too rosy. but it does seem a great place to start a permaculture
revolution if we can. even if they don't identify what they are doing with
the word. the fact that there is someone on the inside who is hungry for
information is encouraging. he might just plant the seed and even if it
remains dormant for a long time, there is still the possibility of it one day
breaking ground.

(i'm still catching up on emails, so Robyn, or Keith, I haven't gotten to
your information about the Bedouin people yet. But thanks and I'll print it
out and send it to him for ideas)

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com