permaculture - Re: [permaculture] alternatives to Poppies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] alternatives to Poppies
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:51:28 -0500

Kris,
Thanks very much for this.
I added them immediately to the Planetary Permaculture Directory.

kris kaul wrote:
For a long-term solution I would take a look at what Lambi Fund
(www.lambifund.org) is doing in Haiti, or rather what the Haitian peasants
themselves are doing with support from Lambi. The focus is on giving seed
money, training, and technical support to projects conceived by Haitians
grassroots groups. Although Haiti has a tropical climate, the extreme
degradation of the land has led to erosion and drought in many parts of the
country. The focus on a return to local self-sufficiency in food and other
goods would in any case apply to Afghanistan.

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."
Permaculture Activist Magazine
PO Box 5516, Bloomington, IN 47407
(812) 335-0383
http://www.permacultureactivist.net
http://www.PermacultureTradingPost.com
Switch to Solar Power the Easy Way
http://www.jointhesolution.com/KeithJ-SunPower
http://www.PowUr.com/KeithJ-SunPower
Blog: http://kjpermaculture.blogspot.com/
http://www.permacultureactivist.net/design/Designconsult.html
http://www.ARCulture.org
also APPLE-Bloomington (Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy) It's a
small world after oil.
also Bloomington Permaculture Guild