permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Teilhard de Chardin quote.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Teilhard de Chardin quote.
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:52:16 -0500

Katey wrote:

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

'By means of all created things, without exception, the divine assails
us, penetrates and molds us. We imagined it as distant and inaccessible,
whereas in fact we live steeped in its burning layers'
- Teilhard de Chardin

or perhaps we are its burning layers.

Probably so. I have at time thought that God is Man (or Man is inescapably
infused with the God-Spirit).
Man, a self-determining organism in total communication with all living
creatures in the entire Universe,
who is part and parcel of the stuff of the Universe, from before the
beginning to beyond the end.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj@intrex.net