permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Plants for nitrate/phosphate uptake

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Plants for nitrate/phosphate uptake
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:48:41 +0000

Thanks Keith. I like the trench idea. I'll be working with ferrocement to
freestyle my ponds and trench shapes so I should be able to do this easy
enough. Hyacinths! yes, that is the one i was thinking of. i used to live
there and these are very problematic for boaters and pond owners out there.
since they can't survive our winters, they shouldn't be a problem species
here if some escape my ponds. i think they are very good themselves for
nutrient uptake. i'll check all the plants i use before and after they've
been in place for a while to see who's the best. i'll have a greenhouse, so i
can overwinter some in there in a metal stock pond with some fish.

this is all beginning to formulate into a plan, thanks y'all!

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com