permaculture - [permaculture] Green Washing clothes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charles de Matas" <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Green Washing clothes
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 22:25:40 +0000

"Trudie Redding" <tredding@mail.utexas.edu>wrote:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I have been washing all my clothes by hand for many years, got in the
habit when I was broke and found that it is a ritual that has a calming
effect on me, I get to get wet, go barefoot, horse around the yard, play
music loud and dance with wet sheets as partners! my clothes seems to
last a long time too, and I have a grey water line for the sink.

Nice. I've never actually owned a washing machine myself. In a previous apt. that I rented there was a washing machine, but I never used it. I try to wash my clothes by hand also. But I have a cleaner who helps with washing things like sheets etc. Yes, the clothes do last longer.
I try to take frequent breaks when washing because the bending over tends to put some strain on my back. I think the bicycle arrangement will be better for me as an exercise since I would like to get more leg exercise.
God forbid if I should ever get married, I might be pressured into doing things that "normal" people do, like getting a mortgage, a new refrigerator, a washing machine, modern television etc.

Charles.

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/