permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Green Washing clothes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa in Oregon <lisamaciver8@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Green Washing clothes
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but a good long soak first in warm
soapy water does a lot. At least on the types of city dirt and
lightweight cottons we had in southeast asia, mostly dust and sweat
(dunno about serious mud and deep stains...), it was easy to wash
clothes with soaking and just a bit of swooshing and squeezing.
Wringing the water out is the hard part; need strong hands even to
keep up with the socks, and my hands ache remembering trying to wring
out jeans... swinging is a great idea; the bathrooms there could
have handled it, too.

Lisa in Oregon

> > > So how do you folks do it? The first time I ever washed any
> substantial
> > > amount of clothes by hand was this summer (at a PDC, actually),
> and a

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who
knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.