permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Green Washing clothes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: KNat <knat@sprintmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Green Washing clothes
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:34:54 -0400

Trudie Redding wrote:
And net bag on a rope lots of fun for the kids and a use of their
energy!
It's much more fun in the summer, of course. Winter we use a second bucket with holes drilled in it. Press down so water squeezes out (yes the bucket with holes can be swung too but it really is not worth it unless you are burning excess energy.) At home I think I'd go back to a bicycle spinner. Speaking of spinner, those thrift shop salad spinners with the bulky mechanism that makes you wonder how heavy the designer's lettuce is, are great for a shirt or sox.

Kathyann, who's suddenly wondering what other people's homes look like, with ice cream bowls of laundry around, people hunched over tubs and whirling laundry.