permaculture - [permaculture] Green Washing clothes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charles de Matas" <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Green Washing clothes
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:35:45 +0000

Lisa in Oregon <lisamaciver8@yahoo.com> wrote:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Wringing the water out is the hard part; need strong hands even to
keep up with the socks, and my hands ache remembering trying to wring
out jeans... swinging is a great idea; the bathrooms there could
have handled it, too.

I think hard wringing of clothes also damages them a lot. I don't use much force to wring clothes. I put them on the clothes line and let them drip. My philosophy is: when it dries it dries. I park my car near to where my clothes line is located. When I return home after driving my car I sometimes put wet clothes on the bonnet to allow use the waste heat to speed up the drying of the clothes.

Charles.