permaculture - Re: [permaculture] critique of pastured poultry

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] critique of pastured poultry
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:59:54 -0400

Toby Hemenway wrote:

I've always admired Joel Salatin's work with pastured poultry. But here's a blog post from an organic chicken farmer who tried it and thinks it's got some major flaws. I found it thought-provoking

http://bbill.blogspot.com/2006/07/pastured-poultry-scam.html

The article is flawed in that he takes issue with "pastured poultry"
in general when he is really talking about improper or overuse of chicken
tractor confinement methods. Still Bill makes many good points worth
considering.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj@intrex.net